Off grid yurt på 45 private hektar blant White Mountain N. F.
- engelsk, spansk
Fester/arrangementer ikke tillatt
Maks antall gjester:6
please remove all trash and sweep after stay, I do not charge a cleaning fee
100 % refunderes hvis avbestillingen gjøres senest 30 dag(er) før ankomstdato. 50 % refunderes hvis avbestillingen gjøres senest 14 dag(er) før ankomstdato.
We had a lot of fun staying at this place. In a beautiful spot, very tranquil. Cozy once the cast iron stove is warmed up, even on a cold night. If you stay in winter, I suggest arriving before dark and having good boots for the 30 min walk to the Yurt.
Not What We'd Hoped For
It wouldn’t be hard to make this a lovely place to stay. The yurt is roomy and clean and isolated, exactly what we were after. However, there were many oversights, which made for an uncomfortable stay. Here are some changes I would suggest improve the experience:
1. THIS IS NOT A “WATERFRONT” PROPERTY. We specifically sought a waterfront property. The yurt is listed as such and mentions a stream nearby. The “nearby” waterhole is, in fact, a 20 minute walk. It is pretty, but it’s not close.
2. Remove the junk from around the area. The NH-ME border is beautiful and the spot is remote. The big trailer and the gas tank stored right by the yurt don’t improve the property.
3. Check for and address infestation. Hey, it’s the great outdoors, there are gonna be bugs. But a yellow jacket nest under the stairs? I was stung twice. Justin stopped by and we told him about it. He gave my husband spray poison and suggested we spray at night “otherwise they’ll just get mad.” Is it me or is that something a host should take care of?
4. Outhouse. The outhouse was convenient and clean. It wasn’t too stinky and had few flies. Perhaps that was the result of the cedar chips which get tossed into the hole after each use. Our supply of cedar chips should have been replenished before our stay. Unfortunately, the deposits of previous guests piled up scarily high. Also, a step stool is needed. The seat was high enough to leave my feet dangling. It was downright difficult for our 8-year old to climb up there. Believe me, it’s not a place you want to lose your footing.
5. Fix the mosquito netting. One evening, I spent 20 minutes attempting to mend/secure the ragged netting in the doorway so we wouldn’t continue to be a mosquito buffet at night.
6. Provide a fan. True, the week we stayed featured some unseasonably warm weather but IT CAN BE REALLY HOT IN THAT YURT. Even a small, battery-operated fan would have done wonders for comfort.
When camping in the rough, we anticipate a certain degree of discomfort, and understand that it is up to us to make our environment comfortable. But, when paying this much, (extra for me – Justin did waive the additional fee for our son), it is not unreasonable to expect a bit more attention to these issues.
To end on a positive note, “Mo” and her crew at The Stow Corner Store were amazing, exactly as advertised – good food, better folks.
Wonderful way to unplug from technology!
We loved staying here! Watching the stars while falling asleep was incredible. The only issue my husband and I had was we couldn't find the swimming hole. But I spoke with Justin the next day and he explained right were it was. And was going to make sure that he put maps inside. That way it wouldn't be a problem for anyone else. It felt peaceful to not have any cell service. AJ and myself spent time playing games and walking on a nearby trail. For dinner we went a few miles back down the road. To the little store Justin mentions in his directions. And let me just say they are the friendliest people we met on our invite vacation. We had dinner there and it was so yummy. The owner even have us extra foil that way we could heat up our leftovers on the grill that is at the yurt. We are already planning on going back next year. I think in the fall the area would be gorgeous. It was a little hot in the yurt when we first got there. Which given that we went in July, was expected. But as soon as we opened the windows and door it quickly became more comfortable. There even was a small fan for us to use.
My WIFE and I LOVED THE SPACE. THE NATURE WAS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED TO REFRESH OUR SENSES.
Justin is an EXTRAORDINARY LAND GUARDIAN. WE plan to truly make this a HOME AWAY FROM HOME. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!!
ALL Was as it should be...
Peace & Love Kindred,
The Love Family
Pierre & QueenMah Love
Vennligst les alle trinnene før avreise. Separate trinn for vinterreise nedenfor. Skriv ut eller skjermbildet disse retningene. Det er ikke konsekvent telefontjeneste eller GPS. Det betyr at jeg kanskje ikke får din samtale. Det er en låst skogservice. Min eiendom er forbi den. Gate har kode 1229. Hold gate lukket hele tiden.
Fra Conway-området tar 113 nord.
Gå til Stowe, Maine store på krysset av 113 og 113B. Hold butikken til venstre og fortsett på 113B.
Bo på 113B til det kommer til et veikryss med kirken ca 2 miles. Vennligst gå veldig sakte. Folk går disse veiene og har hunder. Gå rett inn på toad hill road, hold kirken til venstre og byhuset til høyre. Det er en godt ganske godt vedlikeholdt grusvei. Jeg kjører min Ford Focus hele tiden.
Etter ca en kilometer. (se vinterveiledning hvis nødvendig) Ved gaffelen gå rett, er det et hus midt i gaffelen, og det ser ut til at det kan være en innkjørsel, det er veien. Hvis du går over trebroen som er feil vei .. Tegnet sier veien ikke vedlikeholdes og logging operasjon. Veien bør være bra for normale biler og opprettholdes privat. Etter en halv kilometer kommer du til skogsporten. Det står ingen biler, men mine gjester har tillatelse til å passere. Fortsett til den røde låven øverst på bakken. Ta til venstre nedover grusveien. Tipi vil være på venstre side bare nedover veien. Ta til venstre ved tipi og følg veien til yurt.
gå på samme måte som du kom inn. Hastighetsgrense er 10 mph max. Folk vandrer disse veiene ofte.
Ikke kjør inn hvis det er snø på veien, kan du bli sittende fast.
Park på bunnen av bakken før huset i gaffelen. Ikke blokkere veien og dra inn i pløyet til venstre før gaffelen og ved siden av en telefonpinne. Ski eller gå opp veien til høyre, ca 30 minutter. Ja det ser ut som om det kan være oppkjørselen, men det er det ikke. Ta en venstre nedover veien ved låven og tipi kommer til venstre. Hold tipi til høyre og du finner yurt.